With MSIgnite confirmed for next week, there's going to be a lot of news and announcements coming out; 26K people are coming this year and right next door to Ignite conference center, Envision is happening with another 4K attendees. With all this excitement, there are few specific things we're going to be paying close attention to as those are major areas of focus according to many analysts and experts.
Here are the top questions we're aiming to get expert and insider answers to.
Microsoft Teams and Collaboration
- With quite a few sessions covering customer deployments of MS Teams, we want to know how those organizations came to realizing the value of teams. Is it another tool or is the gap filled
- For those who deployed Teams, what are their thoughts on Yammer. Do they see an overlap?
- How were MS Teams "sold" to executives in an organization?
- Interesting or surprising metrics they found from their Teams experience? Adoption metrics?
- Does Teams require governance planning and if so, what are the key things to watch out for?
- Deployment gotchyas and lessons learned?
- Did Teams require culture change in the organization?
Next up, Yammer, as it got a lot of attention this year with many more customer presentations. Naturally, we're curious about the adoption and some of the details around success factors. Here are some of our top questions to get answers to.
- Apart from employee engagement, what are other practical uses for Yammer? Knowledge Management?
- What are the types of organizations where Yammer is an easy and natural fit?
- Can Yammer "fly" on autopilot once launched or does it require someone to "watch it"?
- Does Yammer require governance planning and if so, what are the key things to watch out for?
- Measuring Yammer adoption? Are there tools or methods you'd suggest to an organization?
- How will Yammer evolve and what are some of the natural evolution directions?
Office 365 Adoption Survival Guide
- With new feature releases how does one do adoption?
- What are some of the key adoption strategies with Office 365 and rapid release cycle? Are there techniques and tools to be aware of?
- Did cybersecurity get more attention these days in light of recent breaches and how are organizations reacting?
- What are some of the most common challenges you face when trying to "sell" security to a business and what do you respond with?
- Many think that going to the cloud will solve a lot of infrastructure management and security problems, what are some of the gotchyas?
- What are some of the most common shortcuts organizations take that result in undesirable consequences?
Knowledge management has always been a popular buzzword, less so now, what's changed?
- How do you "sell" knowledge management to an executive?
- What are the challenges with adoption of knowledge management solution?
- Is knowledge management always unique to an organization or are there prescriptive patterns, or a bit of both?
Search and AI
- Is search evolving and how?
- With AI getting a lot of attention does it mean the search is falling into the background?
- AI and it's potential impact on day-to-day workplace?
Leave your comments on what are some of the things you're curious about and we'll try to get an expert insight on the topic
Yaroslav Pentsarskyy is a founder of OrigamiConnect, rapidly growing service and product offering which enables organizations to get the intranet that's designed for them, without starting from a blank page. He's also 8 time Microsoft MVP, speaker at many local and worldwide tech events, and a published author of several SharePoint related books.@spentsarsky